Clean & Safe Commitment
The health and safety of our Guests and Employees is our number one priority as we welcome guests to the La Jolla Shores Hotel & Restaurant. The County of San Diego and State of California have outlined specific protocols for reopening the properties. You will find an overview below.
As always, we continue to be committed to cleanliness and providing a safe environment for you and your family to enjoy. As an extra level of precaution, we've implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols, including a Clean & Safe certification from the California Hotel and Lodging Association.
Clean & Safe Protocols Property Wide:
Increased attention in public areas that are high-touch points and utilized most frequently, including:
- Door knobs and handles
- Surfaces at the Front Desk
- Pool and Fitness Center equipment
- Restroom surfaces
- Patio furniture and ping-pong tables
Additional items include:
- Prominent signage reminding all guests to wash their hands frequently, keep social distance of six feet, and wear a face covering.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the property so Guests and Employees may continually sanitize their hands.
- Floor markers and signage throughout the property for directions and reminders on social distancing.
In our guest rooms, we continue to use anti-bacterial/viral cleaners and will be using a hospital-grade electrostatic sprayer to allow for touch-less disinfection. Our Housekeeping staff is well trained in cleaning and sanitizing the rooms after each use and has increased attention on hard surfaces including: counter tops, glass and floors. To increase ventilation in the rooms, our staff is trained to clean rooms with open doors and windows.
As a safety protocol for guests and employees, guest rooms will only be serviced by housekeepers prior to the guest's arrival. Housekeeping items such linens, bath products and cleaning supplies are available upon request as needed.
Also, please review our Amenities as some experiences have been modified to comply with current county health regulations.
If you have any questions or wish to make a rooms reservation, please call our team at 858.454.7126.
*Effective November 14, 2020 our indoor dining areas will be closed due to State and County health orders. Our outdoor patio and to-go service will be available daily from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The Shores Restaurant has undergone a thorough deep cleaning and has established increased sanitation protocols which are carefully followed daily.
- Cleaning assignments and schedules have been created and incorporated into everyone's job duties and cover all areas of the restaurant.
- High touch areas are sanitized hourly.
- Tables and chairs are sanitized between every seating and one-time use menus are in place along with digital menus.
- Cleaning products are all anti-bacterial and anti-viral and effectively disinfect for COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizer is available near each entrance of the restaurant. Restrooms are sanitized each hour.
- Our outdoor patio has been re-set to allow for a minimum of six-feet between each table.
- The bar is currently not available for seating.
- Face masks are required for employees all the time, and guests while not seated at their table. Guests will be required to wear face coverings at all times while in the facility, including when seated at a table before the meal is served and after the meal is finished. If you need to leave your table for any reason, a face mask is required. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe.
- All of our employees undergo daily wellness and temperature checks when they arrive to work. Any team member displaying signs of illness is immediately sent home to monitor their symptoms and recover.
- We have single-use menus to ensure that you are the only guest to use your menu. Our menus may also be found online by going to www.theshoresrestaurant.com/menus.
- Please note that in order for your party to be seated, all members must be present. We are currently accepting parties of up to eight people. Limiting persons sitting at a table to members of the same household is strongly encouraged. The restaurant shall obtain the name of each guest seated at a table and the telephone number of at least one guest and shall maintain the list of names and telephone numbers for three weeks.
- Reservations are required and can be made online or by calling 858.456.0600.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and San Diego County Public Health Order.